Colleen Holmes Profile
Colleen Holmes moved to live in Cairns Queensland in 2009 with her family, from Ireland. In Ireland she operated as a Training Consultant and started Acorn Training Consultancy in 1998 when she came to live in Kilkenny, having been in the Retail business for over 20 years, 17 of those years as Sales, Management & Buyer Trainer with a large prestigious department group.
She has provided facilitation and mentoring to the public and private sectors and has assisted with the development of improvement processes for the tourism sector.
Colleen attended the College of Marketing & Design in Dublin where she attained her Diploma in Salesmanship and Certificate in Management, she is also an Accredited Trainer/Tester with ECDL and is a member of the ICT Network.
While retail was here primary business her skills were soon transferred to many aspects of customer focused businesses from hospitality to service industry and clients have varied widely across business and community.
Colleen has spent time in the U.K. as a trainer with the House of Fraser group and has worked through the ranks from sales to management.
She is a member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development
- Ability to deal with people of all ages
- Adaptability to one to one and large group training
- High standard of communication skills
Special points of interest:
- Member of the Australia Institute of Training & Development
- Member of the Irish Institute of Training & Development
- Both practical and theoretical experience
- Certificate In Management
- Diploma in Sales
- Accredited ECDL Test Centre
- TAA Cert IV
Member of the International Society of Travel & Tourism Educators
Acorn Training is an Accredited ECDL Test Centre